Well its been awhile since my last update so I wanted to find something to write about.
First: Talking dolls should be banned. They freak me out. My dad's wife gave Zoey a talking doll and it says "Munchkins say 'howdy do' we are here to cheer for you! Yeehaw Woo hoo!"
She can't use it yet, naturally. The boys don't like it but Abel is most verbal about it
"That's a stupid doll, Mommy!"
Its not only stupid but creepy. It reminds me of a doll I once saw in a horror movie when I was young that would say something like "Howdy do" or some corny catch phrase right before coming to life and talking. The doll in the movie was supposedly possessed by a human demon.
Okay so talking dolls are creepy.
Moving on, I have other short updates.
My husband and I are now enrolled in the brown scapular, yay, right? Its pretty awesome. God has allowed, though, that the scapular and its cord should cause me great pain and burning and itching. I am not even allergic to wool but I am very much bothered by the scapular and its cord. As soon as father blessed it I felt the pain. My back looks like a cat scratched it up. But its okay, suffer now to avoid the flames of Hell or purgatory later. Maybe. I don't wanna call it yet but I'm trying to add on to my crosses so I can at least suffer less later. Maybe only have to spend a few years in purgatory versus the thousands I've surely earned.
Maybe? I don't wish to presume I'm just talking here.
Father came over to our house and had dinner with us. He asked specifically for manwich. So we made that but to fancy it up I had appetizers offered. Pretzels, cheese and a veggie tray.
First we prayed.
Then he had manwich, homemade mashed potatoes, asparagus and followed it up with mixed vegetables. After that he had a slice of pumpkin roll.
I tried to still make it formal even though it was sloppy joes. He said its his favorite.
After dinner we chatted and had lots of laughs. Then he played harmonica and guitar. Finally we were enrolled in the scapular and then he had to leave around 10:30.
The next time we have him over he's going to do the ceremony to enthrone our home to the sacred heart of Jesus. I will make dinner for that too. I'm thinking to mix it up I'll do a mouthwatering potroast and steamed veggies since he already got sloppy Joes.
Also we bought a VCR but Mike put it in the kids room. I kind of wanted it in the living room but since its not a religious matter and none of the tapes are questionable I'm submitting to him on this decision. Its really not a matter of importance.
And lastly:
I got a dishwasher for Christmas.
That's my update for now. I will write again soon about something maybe more interesting. Perhaps an essay about advent because that's how I roll.
-Rhea
No comments:
Post a Comment