Michael and I had our first daughter on August 28th of this year. We were so excited and felt incredibly blessed to finally take home a daughter. The boys in the family enjoy her and think she's a neat thing to look at. I think she's kind of neat too.
But now I answer to a new authority. Her name is Zoey and she's loud. When she cries she makes me wince and shudder worse than knowing my dad was undoing his Luther's belt to whoop my butt. No she really is scarier than my own dad. This morning she had a belly ache and she was a screaming, loud, grump-a-lump, noise machine!!! I was about to fall over with fear when I finally got her to sleep, placed her in her swing and she began to complain again. She's my boss. And that's sad. Because I'm HER mom. But she doesn't care yet, she's too young to know anything elsse. But she makes the meanest "You're fired" face ever. Her face gets all red and her eyes squint up and she looks at me sideways....like she's gonna wreck me. Michael says to me "Put her down and let her cry for a second..."
I said "I'm scared of her!"
And he laughed and said "That's why you can never get anything done" So I gave him a death glare about that comment.....
But he's right. She's my boss. I accept it for now. I've never been so afraid of someone so little. I used to think Dad's Luther's belt was scary....
The cries of my first daughter make my dad's belt seem like nothing. Scary little munchkin. Good thing my boss is cute, though.

No comments:
Post a Comment