Actually, in the 90s we had some goofy trends. But nothing tops the goofy trends of late: sagging jeans that reveal the boxer shorts of a tattooed miscreant, pajama wearing girl with hair rollers left in for effect, uh and "Juicy" on shorty shorts. So I don't think much will be able to top that. Not to mention facial piercings of the 21st century. Gauges that make you gag from their unsightliness, they are so large you can see the inside of someone's mouth, or put a coke can through someone's sagging ear lobe, for example.
So while the 90s fads were kind of funny, I think the 21st century tops the charts on the level of stupidity people are willing to reach to shock others or to be trendy.
I just want to talk about a variety of things I remember, nostalgically, from my childhood of the 90s!
One of my favorite things about the 90s was getting the privelege to flop down in front of the tv and flip on the Super Nintendo.
This thing, for the record.
I'd blow on the inside of the cartridge of Super Mario Brothers "just to be sure" before popping it in.
And see this radical opening screen
So anyway then I'd wear my JNCOS. Which were not cool by the way. I was a tomboy.
IF a girl ever wanted to look like a boy in the 90s, wearing boys JNCOS was the way to go. You lost al your femininity in those jeans. They looked like this
"Sk8rs" wore these most often but so did any girl who wanted to fit in with the boys or be a tom boy.
Yuck!!! Yes those are hideous. What were we thinking?
And I liked playing with my only girl toy I had then (practically)
SKIP IT
I remember how to use it and it had a little ticker on it to tell you how many times you jumped over it. I got it for "free" from buying Kellogs cereal and turning in points online back when we thought we had to type in "Www." before punching it in. Yes we had internet when I was a kid. And guess what? You used to have to wait "6-8 weeks" for a package and you actually HAD to wait 6-8 weeks. Nowadays you can get a package in a few days after ordering it. The other girls only toy I had growing up was this
And it was brought to school. I had a nanobaby and she was mean like Zoey. She kept running away and yelling at me for not doing something for her and she kept getting sick and I couldn't fix it most of the time. One day I got mad at my nano baby for yelling at me and I threw her down the stairs and her screen broke. So I was done and Mom said "Rhea I am going to look at you extra careful when you have kids of your own if this is how you treat a crying nanobaby"
I said "Not uh Mom! I am gonna be a nun I aint havin no kids"
Yeah I never lived up to that promise.
Other things about the 90s before I sign off:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
All the shows I watched as a kid...
And I'm signing off to say: Man I'm glad the 90s are over but it was still fanfabultastic even though we were really also very lame.



"
\




No comments:
Post a Comment